Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sir Malcolm's Portrait Unveiled

Our thanks to Nashville artist Michael Shane Neal and his personal assistant Shannon Crosslin for sending us their photos of the unveiling of Sir Malcolm Colquhoun's portrait a few weeks ago after the Luss Highland Games.

Shannon tells me that the portrait is a gift of Mr. Rick Calhoun of Arkansas. I've met Patrick Calhoun of Little Rock several years ago and I believe that's him in the suit on the left about to ascend the steps of Rossdhu. Please let me know if I've misidentified him.

Artist Michael Shane Neal speaking before the unveiling.


Sir Malcolm speaking before the unveiling.



The other portraits on the wall behind them are past chiefs of Clan Colquhoun. I believe this is in what was called the Large Drawing Room where the portraits were traditionally displayed.


Shannon tells me all the portraits will be moved to the Clan Museum and Heritage Center when it is completed sometime next year.






The portrait of Sir Malcolm is now added to a collection of portraits spanning over 500 years of the Colquhoun family.


No comments: