Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sidney D. Kirkpatrick III

Mr. Kirkpatrick was gracious enough to contact me several years ago (14 now??) about Clan Colquhoun. We talked about an idea of mine to make a movie about Sir Iain Colquhoun whose life experiences were made to order for a film. I was kind of hoping he'd jump on the idea, but instead he gave me good advice and sent me several copies of screenplays to look through to see how they're done. Ironically within a couple of years the movies Rob Roy and Braveheart debuted. I guess my thinking was right at time!
I was going to post a link to Mr. Kirkpatrick's biography but I've just discovered tonight that the website it was on is no longer active. In fact, there is no site I can find that has a bio of him! I printed this one out that I display at festivals along with a copy of my favorite book. A Cast Of Killers is my favorite book because it takes place during the time period I like the best.






No comments: