Friday, August 28, 2009

Annie Colquhoun McNaught

Annie Colquhoun McNaught is the grandmother of Darlene Parker who hosted our tent at the Greenville Scottish festival this year. Darlene writes:

"We continue to have many Colquhoun and McNaught relatives in Scotland, Canada, and the US. My grandparents immigrated from Glasgow (my grandfather) and from Larkhall (my grandmother) in the early 1920's. However they met each other at St. Andrew's Hall in Detroit, Michigan and married in the US. My grandmother, Annie Colquhoun, was one of eight children, three of which remained in Scotland and never immigrated. We have lot of other info as well. My grandfather died in October, 1984. My grandmother died in April, 2000 at the age of 99 years."

Darlene shared the following correspondence with us between two law offices after Annie's sister died. It was a unique opportunity for her grandmother to write down a family history.

























No comments: