Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Message from our President

This gives me an excuse to use an early picture of our president, Jim Kilpatrick. This is from the 1980's at the Savannah Scottish Games, about the first time I met him.

Jim writes:

"Last year at Glasgow, KY, the Games held their first ever Haggis making contest. First prize went to my Daughter-in Law, Heather Kilpatrick. So now when I take her Haggis to the many events that I'm invited to ,to give the 'Address to a Haggis' I introduce it as 'Heavenly Haggis by Heather'. It goes over really big. It's Laura's receipt that a lot of the people call 'a Laura Haggis'.

We will be at Gatlinburg, Loch Norman, and of course, Glasgow.

Slainte,

Jim"

Steve and Mary Hudson will man the tent at Loch Norman, NC. Mike and Starr Walker will host Gatlinburg, TN for the first time this year.

My wife & I will be at Savannah this May. Both sides of my family were orginally on the NC coast area (like New Bern), then received land grants in 1801 from service in the Revolution, and have extensively populated the Savannah area ever since...if you vacation down there, you'll no doubt brush shoulders with one of my cousins before you leave.

No comments: