Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Guests At Stone Mountain Highland Games 2008

My friends know that I really don't like to have my picture taken, at least my wife is well aware of this. I guess I was having such a good time at the Stone Mountain Games I forgot myself and posed a few times. Honored Guest this year was Sir Malcolm MacGregor. I weaseled my way into a picture with him with the help of "The Cowboy Colquhoun" Ken Winkler who works with the visiting bands.

Another guest was Billy Kennedy whom I've met several times before. Billy has written several books about the Scot-Irish influence on the Southeastern US.
His latest book is # 10 in a series. This one highlights Andrew Jackson, Sam Houston, and David Crockett.


Billy is also the editor of "The Ulster-Scot" newspaper which he graciously sends several copies to us to pass out at the tent. There's hardly an event we go to where we don't meet someone whose ancestry is Irish and they love to get a copy of this paper. All of the John C. Calhoun descendants have an interest in this since Patrick immigrated from Ireland.
Clan MacGregor's secretary also attended. Guy McGregor is a County Councilor and Cabinet Member in Suffolk. He and his lovely wife were very entertaining, and we enjoyed meeting them very much.






No comments: