Sunday, March 2, 2008

Savannah Scottish Games May 3, 2008



I'm planning on attending the Savannah Games this year even though Mrs. H. is having major back surgery in April. Unless she' s having problems with that I'll be there!




The background tartan on the brochure is the State Of Georgia tartan.
I missed last years games for the first time in perhaps 15 years because we were honored clan at the Triad Games the same weekend.



The 7th annual Georgia Hussar award will be presented which I sponsor for my Dad.

Here's the picture under the writing: (R.C. is the Center)
The original photo:
I started this award after the 9-11 attack. I've used 7 different photos taken in New Guinea for the background of the award. I frame the picture and present it at the Savannah Games (both sides of my family have lived outside of Savannah since the 1801 land grants for service in the Revolution for NC). This years photo is particularly significant since it's a sportsmanship award. When we first started this they asked Sharon & I if we'd like it to be presented for piping or athletics. We looked at each other and said simultaneously "Athletics!" since R.C. was such a fan.


Oglethorpes "Highland Rangers" were mainly taken from "New Inverness" which is now known as Darien, GA.


One of my favorite pictures of us was taken at these games several years ago...we don't look like this now!
The Savannah River is in the background. These games are not held at Old Fort Jackson any more.

No comments: