Monday, December 10, 2007

Charles Ingram & Dixie Ingram


This is from Stone Mountain several years ago. Charles Ingram from Birmingham, AL is on the left and Dixie Ingram of the Scottish Power Pipe Band in on the right.

I've lost track of Charles. His mailing address and e mail address do not work anymore. If anyone knows him or what's become of hm please contact me.

Dixie told us he was named for a "music hall" performer. The name of the pipe band he was with literally means the electric company in Scotland.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon this site dedicated to the Clan Colquhoun.

I have never before come across such a site, indeed it is even difficult to find the tartan.

Whilst I can not help with the whereabouts of Charles Ingram, I personally found it of interest.

I will now be paying this site regular attention.

Sir Charles Ingram

elizabeth said...

thank you for the introdution to a wonderful and interesting site

American Highlander said...

Thanks Sir Charles & Elizabeth for your kind comments! I'm glad I had the chance to share Dixie and Charles I.'s pictures with you and others.

Craig Druitt said...

I will bookmark this page in hope of learning more information about our common ground. My mother was born in Cardiff, Wales to Thomas Ingram and Mary Mahoney (a rare Welsh/Irish union at the time) in 1923. Being raised in California, USA, I have always felt a bit out of place. Visits to cousins in Wales and research into our family name has brought a number of pieces together, not to mention the obtuse angel of the Druitt family (my fathers) with Irish/Welsh/English roots. With a view to the larger picture, I'm sure it can all be explained. Though just two and three generations from Britain, my journey is fraught with confusion and misinformation. How is yours going?
If you have any pertinent news of any of the above mentioned names and places, I would be MOST grateful. If not, I understand completely. Pax Vobiscum. "If I Can."
Craig Druitt